To us, the biggest story this week by a long shot was LACMA’s announcement that its long-standing weekend film program will live on. Big ups to the big donors and to the grassroots effort that helped fuel this victory. Of course, now all you Angelenos have to attend the series or else you’re a bunch of damn hypocrites.
- $150,000 pledged to save LACMA film program [LA Times Culture Monster]
- LACMA and the Crisis of Repertory Cinema Advocacy [motion within motion]
- Thomas Edison by Jonathan Lethem [A New Literary History of America]
- Movie Critics Vs. The Audience [Forbes.com]
- Eclipse Series 17:Nikkatsu Noir [Criterion’s The Current]